Wednesday, November 30, 2005

home sweet home...

i love being in Calgary.

i love sleeping in my own house, in my own bed with the comforter my mum made for me. i love the overabundance of boys with ink,toques, and facial hair. i love driving my emerald black ’93 Pathfinder [aka: my baby SingSing]. i love every single thing about the Ship & Anchor –mostly the burger: loaded, with half & half [if you’ve been, you know]— but also the staff, the music, the ambiance, the patio [in summer months], & the clientele. i love not having to ask directions. i love my roommate and my roommate’s black cat. i love all things Flames related: the “Red Mile,” the ‘Dome, and the fact that the team had both the moustache growing contest and the gold hard hat. i love that I know where to go to get a wicked cuppa (Beano), a great breakfast (Diner Deluxe), and a big ol’ cuddly hug (broken city). i love seven-digit-dialing. i love the mountains and the crisp, clean, dry air. i love visiting the ones I love best, in the house I grew up in. i love running into people I haven’t seen in years, reminiscing about old times, and hearing about other people I haven’t seen in years.

*sigh*

no point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home