Sunday, October 23, 2005

people watching

one thing i love to do is watch people; to sit in a pub or a café or a park and watch the world go by... but lately i feel like solely an observer. like my whole life is simply a spectator sport. as though i'm on the outside of everything, looking inward...

i like to watch hockey, but i don't play it. i like to tune into my old friend "the doctor"'s australian radio show on the internet, but he doesn't know i'm listening. i'd love to have my own family, but instead i live with one. even my job is something i feel like i can do without ever really being present... and tonight, on my way home from attending nelly's shoe competition thingo, i stood listening outside a garage where, within, a full-on domestic dispute was taking place... and it was really odd to be present for (and yet, entirely removed from) an argument so passionate that voices were raised to screams and where the entire episode ended in sobbing.

and i long for anything to move me to that degree...

no point, as always.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home