Saturday, April 29, 2006

party like mccarty

okay. so i've been absent.

it has a bit to do with my free time being sucked up by trying to watch/listen to the flames down the stretch. and now with the playoffs, there are more televised games and sports-channel stories. ie: i've been busy.

here's what i love about the flames. it's a resilient team full of characters. a bunch of tough, gritty, toothless forwards and a pretty boy defensive corps that's not afraid to throw around some seriously big-league hits. the captain has a smile that will melt your heart but if you piss him off on the ice, he'll either cold cock you till you bleed, or score the most beautiful game-winning-goal to sink your team. they rule.

mostly i love that they seem like a group of guys who genuinely like each other, work hard, and have a good time all the while. Even after sustaining a major personal setback (a 6.2 million dollar bankruptcy) and a minor injury, guys like darren mccarty can joke around a bit --pointed out in a globe & mail article: "McCarty stopped a shot with his throat, but escaped serious injury because, as he put it with a smile: 'I got lucky -- you know how much I talk. That part of my anatomy is really strong. I work out my throat pretty well. As long as I get hit in the face or the neck, I'm fine.'"

see ?

how can you NOT love'em ????

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

To start with, I stumbled onto here through the magic of the Next Blog button.

Secondly, I've never understood the whole Flames experience. I mean, here's a team that is basically just Kiprusoff and 19 other guys.

They were in the bottom rung in league scoring, and yet still somehow manage to end up in evrybody's Stanley Cup final predictions.

But I'm probably still just bitter that my Maple Leafs are currently practicing their golf swings, so don't mind me :p

Nice blog, and go Oilers!

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home