Sunday, February 25, 2007

ipod help

i have a 40GB iPod photo. which is a 'cool' way to say i have a massive, heavy, prehistoric-style mp3 player that's about 3 years old, and doesn't really like to work all the time. it's been tempermental from the start, but in the last few months it's been downright cranky. sometimes the buttons work, sometimes they don't. sometimes it turns on, sometimes it doesn't. sometimes it will agree to play the song i want, sometimes it will skip ahead to something i keep reminding myself i should delete from my itunes. but, of course, until it decides to kick the bucket altogether, i cannot justify getting a new one...

this morning i thought might be the day. when i picked it up on my way out for a walk, it gave me the dark apple logo screen. i tried the reset (menu/select) for 10 seconds, which has worked in the past, but then it just gave me the sad face screen & the URL for the apple ipod support site. so i went online and the bastards at apple got me to update my version of iTunes in attempt to make everything right (which, of course, didn't work). my computer competely refused to recognize the existence of my monstrous pod.

so i turned back to the intergeek, looking for hope --for answers in the ipod healing process. and what did i find ? alternative medecine for your ipod (and how to do it). money. so i looked into it and found what applied to me: "If your iPod is frozen and nothing else works, will violence help?"... and then... a solution (?): "My iPod is Frozen, should I drop it?"

the testimonials convinced me. the disclaimer ["In no way, whatsoever, do I advocate what I describe below as a legitimate repair method for any iPod or any other electronic device. Doing what I did is probably pretty stupid, and I still can’t believe it, myself, that it actually worked"] didn't dissuade me. and, with a deep breath, i dropped my handheld device from approximately 3 inches.

and now it works.
:)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Too bad it didn't crater about December 15 - would have made a good Xmas gift!

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home