Thursday, February 01, 2007

tagged

i generally only post on my blog when i'm inspired to do so. what i do almost daily, however, is read and comment on the pages of others; some of which are friends of mine, but a lot are perfect strangers to me. i read two blogs by jason voulgaris (mentioned in a previous post. and then there's the dozens of fellow hockey fans in the 'battle of alberta' web ring, like kyle, hockeygirl & metrognome. lately on these boards, there’s been this little hockey related questionnaire game of tag going around, and tonight, metrognome posted this:

“Tag--> Matt from Battle of Alberta (if he hasn't been tagged already), Chris! From Covered in Oil (assuming he stumbles upon this blog at some point) Kyle from the Real Deal and, if she feels like it, walkinvisible.”

Awwwww !!! so thanks, MG. I really feel a part of the community, even though my blog generally talks about stupid non-hockey stuff…


If I Were a Hockey Player:

Team: tough call. I love the jerseys of the kokudo bunnies:
but I love to say “HV71” in Swedish.
NHL team: hands down the Calgary Flames.

Uniform #: 12

Position: LW

Nickname: iginloob

Dream Linemates: Håkan Loob (favorite player alltime), Peter forsberg.

PP line: as above, any crafty swede will suffice

Job: distractor

Signature Move: “oooh !!! [pointing] SHINY !!!” (see: Andrew brunette on Wes Walz)

Strengths: i have strengths ?

Weaknesses: uhhh…. am I supposed to be able to skate ?

Injury Problems: well currently I have strep throat but I think I’d be able to play through it…

Equipment: yes, please. Lots of it.

Nemesis: Alfredsson. Because, hey I’m on a swede thing anyways, and he’s easily the player I’d most like to punch in the face.

Scandal Involvement: it probably would involve being a “finesse player” like my boy loob, yet punching my countryman alfredsson in the face.

Who I'd Face in the Cup Finals: NYR: my east coast team. It'd be a good fight.

What I'd do With the Cup After the Victor: [this sentence insinuates that I’d lose and I get the cup after the winner was done... but I thing MG just lost the “y” at the end of “victory”]. I’d get ripped with all the beers I’d drink from that beautiful piece of tin… and I guess I’d have to take it to the ship & anchor… :)

Would the Media Love Me or Hate Me? Hard to say. I’ve got all of regehr’s sarcastic bite (but I’m cuter !)…

I’ll tag Jason D. or Jason V. any jason. since they're probably the only hockey fans that reads this fuckin thing.


:)

3 Comments:

Blogger Kent W. said...

Heh. Like you, I've tried the personal blog thing and the result was pretty sporadic. But, for some reason, I can post for days when it comes to hockey.

As such, I would fully support you should you decide you wade into the hockey blog ring. You certainly seem to know what you're talking about, judging from your previous comments, so that's good...

11:33 AM  
Blogger HG said...

Signature Move: “oooh !!! [pointing] SHINY !!!”

That's a good move. I like it, I think you would be able to distract a lot of people with it. *ahem* Like me.

And yes, as what seems like the only female Flames blogger out there, I second MG.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

Hah, and here I thought wanting to punch Alfredsson was just a Toronto thing.

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home